Research shows these dates for AIX:
- AIX 220.127.116.11 should come out around October, 2017 (est Week 46)
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IV95390 ### 7200-01-03-1720
- AIX 18.104.22.168 should come out around October, 2017 (est Week 46)
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IV95393 ### 7100-04-05-1720
- AIX 22.214.171.124 may come out around January, 2018 (est Week 5); however, it may be cancelled.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IV86307 ### 7100-05-00-1731
It’s generally 26 weeks, plus or minus, from the initial YYWW date. Once a TLSP APARs releases, the YYWW code is be updated.
My PowerHA selection process would be:
- 7.1.3 SP06 if I needed to deploy quickly, because I have build docs for that. However, it may be withdrawn from marketing in 2018.
- 7.2.0 SP03 if they wanted longer support, but had time for me to work up the new procedures during the install.
- 7.2.1 SP01 when it comes out, but not 7.2.1 base.
My AIX selection process would be:
- 126.96.36.199 for any NIM server or POWER9. Next updates should be Oct 2017.
- 188.8.131.52 or later for customer preference. Next updates should be Oct 184.108.40.206 and Jan 220.127.116.11.
- 18.104.22.168 Minimum level for application compatability. This is is the final TLSP.
- For anything POWER6 or older, I push hard for p710 to p740 or s81x/s82x as replacements (cost).
- For anything AIX 5.3 or older, I push hard for app testing on newer AIX (EoS).
- PTF U866665.bff (bos.mp22.214.171.124.10.U) enables POWER8. AIX must be 126.96.36.199. Must be patched before p8 (install nim or mksysb). p8 must be 840 firmware. VIO must be 188.8.131.52 or later.
- PTF U866665 requires an active extended support agreement AND p8 systems on file. No free access to biz partnets.
- rpm.rte and yum ezinstall, then deploy tar, wget, and rsync:
- openssh from the IBM Web Download expansion:
- AIX security patches for any DMZ hosts
- Base media, if I were certain the customer was entitled, but didn’t want to wait for them to provide media, Partnerworld SWAC:
- Latest service pack for AIX from Fix Central:
https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/aix/selectFixes?release=7.2&function=release https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/aix/selectFixes?release=7.1&function=release
- Latest service pack for PowerHA from Fix Central:
Reference: PowerHA to AIX Support Matrix: